Most people have already formed certain assumptions about carpet cleaning and professional carpet cleaning companies. As are many assumptions lingering out there in the world, many of them are either incorrect or misguided. It is important to go into any situation being armed with the knowledge to get you the best service for the best price. If a consumer is unaware of what to look for and just is not armed with the proper knowledge to negotiate and make sure the carpet cleaning company they choose will do the job right, then there is a chance they could get hustled by a less than reputable business.
After all, there are unsavory people working in every industry, so even in the professional carpet cleaning industry you may run across a few companies that allow these people to work there. These crooks love to find a consumer who does not know how much a service should cost or what steps should be taken to make sure it gets done right. They will overcharge them, cut corners on the job and pocket the extra cash they make. This is why it is important to operate with knowledge in hand, rather than misguided assumptions.
For that reason and many more, here are some common myths about carpet cleaning, and what the real truth behind them is.
- MYTH: Professional Carpet Cleaning is Too Expensive; I can Do a Better Job Myself, and For Less Money! – It is highly unlikely that a person with little to no knowledge of how to professionally clean a carpet will be able to do a more efficient, better job for less money than a reputable and professional carpet cleaning company. These companies have permits and wholesale pricing to get equipment, industrial cleansers and unique patents on better cleaning products that an individual just does not have access to. By the time the consumer has rented the proper vacuum, bought the right cleanser, moved all the furniture out of the house and tried to figure out how to operate the vacuum, more time would have been spent than would have been worth it. On top of that, it is much simpler to make mistakes as a novice, and mistakes in carpet cleaning can cost a lot more money than an original professional carpet cleaning job ever would have.
- MYTH: Professional Carpet Cleaning Companies Use Far Too Many Harmful Chemicals on Carpets. I Don't Want to Get Sick! – Although there are some companies that use harsher chemicals than others, many professional carpet cleaning companies have been transitioning as the "going green" movement has gained strength. If a professional carpet cleaning company does not offer any non-toxic environmentally friendly cleansers, then just call another company because there are plenty of professional carpet cleaning companies out there that support the "going green" movement and protecting homes with safe cleansers.
- MYTH: If I Just Vacuum My Carpet Regularly, I Do Not Need To Have It Cleaned Professionally – It would be great if this were true, right? Be diligent about keeping your home clean, and you'll never need any professional cleaning services. However, it just isn't true. Dust, fibers and dirt can build up in air ducts, in carpet pads and in plenty of other places a person just never thinks to check. As these harmful things build up overtime, they can make everyone in the household sick with respiratory problems and other health issues. That is why it is important to have the deep clean that only a professional carpet cleaning company can provide, at least every once in a while.
- MYTH: My Carpet is only a Year Old; It Does Not Need to Be Cleaned Yet – This is an assumption that most homeowners make, and it is unequivocally false. Operating under the false assumption that a carpet does not need to be cleaned until it actually looks dirty is a poor way to go about carpet cleaning. Most of the harmful dirt, dust, mold and other toxins are hidden deep down in the carpet pad. The only way to get them out? A professional carpet cleaning job. So just because the carpet is relatively new, do not assume that it does not need to be cleaned yet.
- MYTH: I Can Buy Spot Cleaners For My Carpet At The Store and They Are The Same Thing! – No, not really, not even a little bit, not even at all. Once again, carpet cleaning professionals are able to have access to products and equipment that someone outside of the industry would not be able to purchase in a mainstream store. Even if they were able to get their hands on some professional grade spot remover for carpets, it is unlikely that it will come cheap. Industry professionals are able to pass on a better price for the use of those products because they buy in bulk for their business and get a wholesale discount. Many store bought spot removers either do not work, or have bleach in them, which can leave a darker carpet completely ruined.
the dublin carpet cleaners